Monday, November 10, 2008

Ding!

On Monday it was time for the two new pathologist volunteers to arrive. The next crew was made up of a resident and attending from Mcgill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. When they got to Kumasi I took them to the hospital cafeteria (better than the USA) and treated them to jollof rice and chicken. The next 24 hours I tried to ensure a smooth transition from one set of volunteers to the next. By the next morning I was packed up and ready to for the drive to Accra and they were in the gross room and autopsy suite working.

The drive to Accra was fun. As I trekked south, everyone on the radio was talking about the US election. The polling had just started and there was an almost universal pull for Obama on the radio.


The flight home was 10 hours and 16 minutes on a mostly functional Boeing 767-300ER

I had the pleasure of sitting in 21G near the wing. It provided a fantastic view outside, but placed me next to the faulty exit sign/speaker combo. Every 2-10 seconds the light would flash and I would be greeted by a nice “ding.” To get the full experience, play the following video 308 times.



About two hours into the flight I noticed the nice spray paint job on the right engine and the thousands of miles of water in the background.

Meh, it’s the inside that counts. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did anyone ask the new pathologist if he was called Mr. Dressup in a previous life? Really....take the facial hair off and you have Mr. Dressup.

I hope you’re going to send that video to Delta. 10 hours of that would have killed me.

Anonymous said...

Spray paint...nice!

karen said...

My Fibroid were 6cm in size and Eka Herbal Medication which I less hope on Shrunk them out completely, Now with eka herbal medication, My Fibroid and pains and bleeding are 90% gone and iam finally free from the worry of Fibroid and pains that has changed my life..Use Eka Herbal ((dreka14demons@gmail.com)...medication as directed by the priest..